A Dyson DC24 complete strip down video

Hello my Vacuum Cleaner chums!

Recently, I filmed myself fully componentising a Dyson DC24, in preparation for a refurb.

I do go on a bit, but explain everything in detail.

If you are of the pictures and text persuasion, then I wrote a guide a few years ago here which does miss some of the detail (I really must write an updated version one day) but covers 98% of the detail.

The DC24 is fairly simple once you get used to it. I break it down as:

Main chassis
Motor/Ball/Yolk unit
Brushroll Housing
Cyclone

The only tricky parts I find is the grey pedal spring, and the chassis to ball wiring, which is very fiddly, and I would suggest you make good notes of the fitment of each wire, either by drawing a pretty picture, or taking photographs along the way.

The DC24 is a very finicky machine, which is unsuitable for large or even medium sized homes. The main issues you will have (not if, WHEN!) will be:

Main motor failure - There is a guide to change the motor (written my myself) here
Brushroll failure, caused by either Motor or PCB failure, or a combination of both! Repair guide here

Other DC24 oddities are:

Small ball cog failure - covered here
Cyclone gasket failure - Not covered in a guide, you just buy a new one from here and fit it
Brushroll rattle - Normally cured by a new brushroll and End Cap

If you have any specific DC24 questions, please do comment below and I will try and help! I've had so many apart and back together now, I know them quite well!

Sam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Numatic Henry HVR200 - Stripdown and motor replacement!

Vax 2000 Instruction Manual