Electrolux Z61 Mini-Review

Well it rarely happens, but I bought a new cleaner a few weeks ago. I needed something small for doing the stairs, and for my partner to use when cleaning up after our young daughter. After having a good browse around, I decided upon this:








Featuring an 600w motor, hose and crevice tool, along with a VERY long cable, it seemed perfect. And it almost is.

With a fresh, clean filter the suction is very strong. So strong in fact that I find it hard to push, as it glue's itself down to the floor. Likewise when using the hose, it compresses when you start to use it, making it hard to bend. However, once used to this (or when the filter has clogged up a bit), it is very good to use. The brush bar makes light work of stair treads and risers, as well as sofa's, beds, and the car.

I have used to once on the car. We have a Vauxhall Meriva (well, my girlfriend does), and it cleaned it up really well. I had to empty it twice in total, as the suction dropped right off. You can turn the brush bar off when using it with the tools, so  you don't catch anything with the spinning brushes.


.
It has what Electrolux calls a 'Rizor-Visor', which enables it to be used on vertical or horizontal surfaces. The amount of dust that came off our stair risers which have probably never been vacuumed was impressive, and the pile looked refreshed.

The cloth filter does clog up quickly, and suction does drop off after a while. The machine does run hot too, especially after prolonged use. I haven't tripped the thermal cut-out yet though. A thorough vac with another machine restores it to new, and replacement filters are under £10, although I imagine you could wash it.

Verdict: If you are in need of a hand-held cleaner which is not battery powered, you can't go wrong with this. Powerful, lightweight and capable, it is a superb all-rounder. The tools are 32mm, so even though only a crevice tool is included, the majority of other cleaner tools will fit. I have an extension hose from an Electrolux upright that I use for this, otherwise the hose can be a tad short.










 The filter comes up well with a clean from another vac. I do this every few uses, to keep it clean.


 Wrapping the cord around like this stops it unravelling when you put it away

Crevice tool storage. I paid £49 for it new.



Quick video of it in action:


Hope you enjoyed the read, and I hope I have given you some facts to aid your purchase!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Numatic Henry HVR200 - Stripdown and motor replacement!

Vax 2000 Instruction Manual